Theisen’s Home Farm Auto awarded $350,000 grants to 267 nonprofits in 24 communities through the company’s 2018 More for Your Community grants program.
In the last cycle, 462 applications were received. Successful grant applicants demonstrated that their projects would serve basic needs, such as shelter and education; be matched strongly with local funds; and provide opportunities for those impacted to give back to the community.
Celebrating its 10th year, the Theisen’s More for Your Community grant program has given away $2,112,366 to support local nonprofit organizations and the people they serve.
Local recipients were:
• City of Preston, $8,000, Westside Park walking path project
• Friends of Maquoketa Caves State Park, $1,500, University of Iowa Wildlife Camp at the park
• Jackson County Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, $1,000, Summer Adventure 2019 enrichment programming
• Lutheran Services in Iowa, $1,000, behavioral health services assistance project
• Maquoketa Area Family YMCA, $1,200, Safe Place for Kids Scholarship Program
• Maquoketa Community School District (Cardinal Elementary), $2,000, Cardinal Backpack Club, providing backpacks filled with food to families in need on the weekends
• Quilts of Valor in Bellevue, $500
• YWCA of Clinton, $1,500, Maquoketa area rapid rehousing and homelessness prevention for women and children
“With this year’s grants of $350,000, we are simply giving back to our community and the people we serve,” said co-owner Jim Theisen. “We are so proud to support these nonprofit organizations as they provide food, shelter, healthcare, safety and education to children and families in and near to our store communities.”
The next funding cycle will open in May.