Delwood Community School Board
The board will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Delwood School cafeteria for its annual budget workshop and any other considerations before the board.
Maquoketa City Council
The Council Committee of the Whole will meet at 6:30 p.m., followed by the regular board meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in Maquoketa City Hall Council Chambers.
On the agenda:
• Event application filed by Coronado Car Club for a May 18event
• Event application for weekly stock car races filed by Trackside Promotions
• Event application filed by Maquoketa Kiwanis Club for the annual Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt
• Application for waiver for snow removal for existing “sidewalk to nowhere” at 41 Judson St.
• Resolution ratifying tentative agreement with police union
• Resolution declaring surplus/junk property and authorizing sale
• Discussion and possible motion accepting $29,900 gift from Fire Association for purchase of 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD pickup
• Discussion and possible motion regarding event application filed by Andrew AMVETS for grand opening of Jackson County Memorial Park
• City manager, mayor and countil reports
• Discussion and possible motion to approve a mayoral appointment to the Maquoketa Historic Preservation Commission
• Discussion and possible motion to approve a mayoral appointment to the Maquoketa Cable Commission
Board of Supervisors
The supervisors will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse in Maquoketa.
On the agenda:
• Meeting with county Engineer Clark Schloz on county road matters
• Meeting with county Auditor Alisa Smith on department business and claims
• Meeting with Ben Kober, county zoning administrator, for discussion and possible action on proposed ordinance to reclassify about 1 acre of land from agricultural to limited industrial at 2688 125th Ave., the site of the former Buckhorn Creamery
• Meeting with LuAnn Goeke, executive assistant, about board business
• Work sessions: Marty Hudrlik, county maintenance supervisor, and Larry “Buck” Koos, county assessor
• Open concrete bids on fairgrounds grandstand improvement, followed by discussion and possible action
• Meeting with Lynn Bopes, county coordinator of disability services
The board will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Hurstville Interpretive Center, Maquoketa.
On the agenda:
• Discusion and possible action on concession agreement, Spruce Harbon Inn docks, Chris Frank
• Boat dock lottery
• Prairie Creek Campground: discussion of action plan moving forward, revisions on design plans and design contract with WHKS Engineering, terminating grant writing contract with Northeast Iowa RC&D, other funding sources, crop lease for 2019 to Peyton River
• Park management update: review and approve quote on covered dock flotation at Spruce Creek Harbor, approve quotes on camping envelope printing, approve special use permits